These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Buffalo LLC d/b/a Kiss 98.5 (“Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200 Amherst, NY 14226 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at kiss985.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. To enter, go to kiss985.com from October 7, 2013 at 6:00 a.m. through October 18, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. (EST) and click on the “Design Kissmas Bash Merch Shirt” link and then complete and submit the online entry form as follows:
a. Provide Entrant’s first and last name, complete address, including zip code and telephone number
b. Attach Entrant’s original artwork for the ‘Design KISSMAS BASH MERCH SHIRT’. Entrant’s submitted artwork must comply with the following guidelines:
• Must include Kissmas Bash 2013 logo in some capacity – logo will be available for download on station website.
• Design dimensions must be no less than 12” x 12” at 300 dpi.
• Entry for the Contest must be submitted as a pdf or jpg document (low or high resolution).
• Entrant may not use 3rd party stock photography nor any copyrighted materials or any third party trademarks or service marks.
• No previously copyrighted material may be used (e.g., comic or television characters).
• Submissions must represent the original and exclusive work of the person entering the Contest in idea, design, and execution.
• No indecency, profanity or obscenity.
• Entries may not defame or invade the public or private rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights.
• False and/or deceptive entries or acts shall render Entrants ineligible.
3. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST AND SUBMITTING ARTWORK, THE ENTRANT IS REPRESENTING TO STATION THAT THE USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF SUCH ARTWORK WILL NOT VIOLATE OR INFRINGE UPON THE RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COPYRIGHTS OF OTHERS IN OR TO THE ARTWORK.
4. WHETHER OR NOT SELECTED AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR FINALIST, ALL ENTRIES BECOME THE SOLE PROPERTY OF STATION AND MAY BE USED BY STATION, IN ANY MEDIUM THEY DEEM DESIRABLE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE WITHOUT ANY COMPENSATION TO THE ENTRANT(S), OR ANY OF THE PERSONS WHO APPEAR IN OR PROVIDE MATERIALS FOR THE SUBMISSION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, POSTING THE ARTWORK ON THE STATION OR SPONSORS WEBSITES.
5. Station and sponsors retain sole and exclusive possession and retain all rights to use any entry (including the submitted artwork), or any part thereof, indefinitely in any advertising, promotion or use of any other kind including, but not limited, to on-air and online usage without any compensation to Entrants or any third parties. The aforementioned stipulations apply to all winning and non-winning entries. Grand Prize Winner is entitled only to the Grand Prize (see details below) and may be asked to sign and deliver to Station a release waiving any rights to further compensation upon accepting the Grand Prize. Regardless of whether such a document is signed or not, entrants are not entitled to any compensation for Station’s, or sponsors use of submitted artwork/creative in this Contest in any manner.
6. By entering this contest, Entrants understand and agree that Station may elect to use any entry submitted for entertainment purposes and may choose to comment on, mock, poke fun at, and/or mimic any entry submitted. Entrants waive any right to make any claim against Station or any Contest sponsors with respect to any comments - disparaging or otherwise - made regarding such Entrant’s entry.
7. Station is not responsible for any costs associated with submitting any Entry or any costs arising out of participating in the Contest or failure to adhere to official Contest rules.
How to Win
8. On or around October 18, 2013, members of the Kiss 98.5 staff will review all eligible entries, selecting five (5) finalists (each a “Finalist” and collectively, the “Finalists”) based on any lawful criteria that they deem desirable, which may include, without limitation, (a) originality, (b) theme, and/or (b) judges opinion of Station listener audience appeal. Finalists will be notified no later than October 18, 2013 by telephone at the number they designated in his or her entry. Notification to Finalists may be made by message on their answering machine, with no responsibility for Station for any failure of the answering machine.
9. From approximately October 21, 2013 through October 25, 2013, people will be asked to go to the Station Finalist website and vote for their favorite artwork. LISTENER VOTING WILL NOT BE THE DETERMINING FACTOR IN SELECTING THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER. LISTENER VOTES MAY BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION (BUT NEED NOT BE AT ALL) BY OUR JUDGES, BUT WILL NOT BE A SIGNIFICANT DETERMINING FACTOR AS TO WHICH FINALIST WILL BE SELECTED AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER.
10. On or about October 28, 2013 the five (5) Finalists artwork will be viewed by Kiss 98.5 staff and they will select the one Finalist artwork entry that they select (based on any lawful criteria they deem desirable) to be the grand prize winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on Janet & Nick in the Morning on October 29, 2013. Finalist need NOT be listening in order to be eligible to be the grand prize winner and will be contacted via telephone after on-air announcement.
11. In the event that any Finalist or the Grand Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, he/she shall be disqualified. In the event that an entrant is disqualified for any reason after he/she has been selected as a Finalist or the Grand Prize Winner, Station is NOT obligated to select a replacement Finalist or Grand Prize Winner (but reserves the right to do so in its sole discretion, time permitting).
12. There will be up to 5 Finalists.
13. One of the Finalists will also be the one (1) Grand Prize winner in this contest. The Grand Prize winner will receive a Kissmas Bash 2013 t-shirt, Two (2) tickets to Kissmas Bash 2013 on Thursday, December 12, 2013 at First Niagara Center, and a Meet + Greet with Kissmas Bash 2013 artist of their choice for two (2) people. Grand Prize minimum value $150. The Grand Prize winner will also have their winning design printed on a t-shirt by Kiss 98.5 and available on-sale at Kissmas Bash 2013. Winner will receive NO compensation for design use nor for any sale of the shirts featuring such design. Grand prize winner will not be entitled to any other prize nor any compensation, other than the opportunity to have his or her artwork displayed.
14. Station and sponsors are not obligated to use the winning design for any purpose other than Kissmas Bash Merch Shirt produced for on-sale at Kissmas Bash 2013 on Thursday, December 12, 2013. Station’s obligation to the Grand Prize Winner shall be fully satisfied by having the shirts available at that Event.
15. The sponsor of this contest is Entercom Buffalo, LLC.