Kiss 98.5 NEWLYWEDS
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Buffalo, LLC d/b/a WKSE ( “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 500 Corporate Pkwy, Suite 200 Amherst, NY 14226 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.kiss985.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
2. Contest entries may be submitted online to the Station beginning on February 23, 2012 at 12am (ET) through February 29th, 2012 at 6am (ET). To enter, listeners must go to Station’s website at www.kiss985.com, click then the “contests”page, and then click on the “Newlyweds” tab; then fill out the entry form completely including entrant’s name, age, address, contact phone number, additional contact phone number, e-mail address, fiancé’s name and age, wedding date, and answer the following questions in the space provided: How were you proposed to or how did you propose; Where did you first meet; and Why should Kiss pick you to play the Newlyweds contest?
3. Only one entry per person will be considered (subsequent entries from the same entrant will be disqualified…only the first entry submitted by such person will be considered in this contest). A person and their fiancé may each enter this Contest separately. A person can only become a Qualifier and/or a fiancé one time in this Contest and obtain only one opportunity to compete in the Grand Prize Event (whether as a Qualifier or as a fiancé).
4. CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO PERSONS WHO ARE NOT (AND WILL NOT BE) LEGALLY MARRIED TO EACH OTHER ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK AT ANYTIME BETWEEN FEBRUARY 23RD, 2012 AND MARCH 1, 2012 AND WHO ARE ENGAGED AND INTEND TO BE MARRIED BY SEPTEMBER 1, 2013. MARRIED COUPLES WHO INTEND ON RENEWING THEIR VOWS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. However, Entrants can be married to another person. Same sex couples are eligible to enter and win so long as they intend or hope to be legally married in the future or to exchange vows in a civil commitment ceremony. Station has no obligation whatsoever to confirm whether the couple ever actually gets married or whether they are actually engaged and any such claims or revelations shall not be a basis for disqualification in this contest.
5. Entrants must provide all information requested on the Kiss 98.5 Newlyweds entry form. Incomplete forms will be disqualified, in Station’s sole discretion. The content of the entries need not be truthful. Station will not verify the truthfulness of the information submitted in each entry; provided, however, that failure to satisfy (or suggestion that you fail to satisfy) the entry eligibility requirements or other contest rules applicable to this contest can result in disqualification of the Entrant, in Station’s sole discretion (For example only: If you say in your essay that you are currently married to each other even if in reality you are not, Station reserves the right to disqualify you any way, in its sole discretion, because you have stated in your essay that you are not eligible (even though you really may have been). Similarly, if you state in your essay that you are not currently married to each other but in reality you are, Station will disqualify you in accordance with Section 4 above).
6. By entering this contest, entrants understand and agree that WKSE may elect to use any entry submitted for entertainment purposes on-air and may choose to “make fun” of any entry submitted. Entrants waive any right to make any claim against WKSE or any contest sponsors with respect to any disparaging comment made on-air about such entrant’s entry.
How to Win
7. Station will select one entry from all entries received by 6am on February 27th, then one entry from all received by 6am on February 28th, and then one entry from all received by 6am on February 29th based on any lawful criteria the Station deems desirable, including, without limitation, the best engagement story, originality, intelligence, knowledge, and/or humor, to offer them the opportunity to compete in the “The Newlyweds Challenge” on March 1st, 2012 at 8am, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules (“Qualifiers”). Qualifiers will be contacted at the phone number provided in their entry form by 10am on the day they were chosen. Station will only be required to leave one (1) message at the number provided in the potential Qualifier’s entry form. If no answer or answering machine is reached, Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. However, Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to attempt to contact any potential Qualifiers more than once and shall not be required to attempt to contact all potential Qualifiers an equal number of times. It will then be the sole obligation of the potential Qualifier to make personal contact with the appropriate Station representative by 4pm on February 29th, 2012. In the event that a Qualifier is not contacted live by the deadline required in this paragraph for any reason, Station reserves the right (but not the obligation) to deem such person's opportunity to participate as a Qualifier as forfeited (with or without notice to such person) and to select one or more additional entries, time permitting, and to attempt to contact those persons directly (but, in such event, Station will not be obligated to leave any messages and can elect instead to select entries until they reach someone live to confirm as a Qualifier and any person who has received a missed call from Station shall not have any rights as a Qualifier in this contest).
8. Each Qualifier will need to confirm during the telephone contact discussed in Section 7 above that the Qualifier and his/her fiancé intend to be present at the Final Event (described below). If this is not personally confirmed by the Qualifier by5pm on the day chosen, Station reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify that Qualifier, with or without notice of such disqualification. In the event of such disqualification, the provisions in the last sentence of Section 7 shall apply.
9. IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE FURTHER IN THIS CONTEST, QUALIFIER AND THEIR FIANCE MUST ATTEND THE FINAL EVENT IN PERSON ON MARCH 1, 2012 AT THE WKSE STUDIOS AT 500 CORPORATE PARKWAY, SUITE 200, AMHERST, NY 14226 AND CHECK IN WITH STATION STAFF BY 8 AM (ET) (“FINAL EVENT”). Qualifiers must present a valid government-issued picture ID and the Qualifier and fiancé will be required to sign a Release “as-is” at check-in. If a Qualifier has not checked-in with their fiancé or either of them has not produced and executed all required documentation by 8am, that Qualifier will be disqualified and their opportunity to participate in the Final Event shall be forfeited. Qualifier spots are not transferable or assignable.
10. In the event that only two Qualifiers are properly checked in for the Final Event, the Final Event will still be conducted. In the event that only one Qualifier is properly checked in for the Final Event, the Station is not obligated to conduct the Final Event and whether Station elects to so do or not, the Qualifier will be entitled to the Grand Prize in this contest, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules.
11. THE FINAL EVENT WILL BE CONDUCTED AS FOLLOWS:
a. At approximately 8:30am on March 1st, 2012, properly checked in Qualifiers and their fiancé will compete in “The Newlyweds Challenge.”
b. Each “category” of team member will be isolated in separate holding areas (i.e. all of the grooms together, all of the brides together).
c. First the brides will answer in writing a series of 6 personal questions about their grooms.
d. Next, the grooms will join the brides in the studio and answer on-air each of the first 3 questions asked to the Brides.
e. The Station will award the Qualifier 1 point for every answer where the bride and the groom’s answer matches. The Qualifier whose team has the most points after 3 questions wins the grand prize. The other two Qualifiers will receive a participation prize described below.
g. In the event of a tie, the tied teams will compete in one question rounds in the same style as the original contest, until there is one definite winner. Brides will have already answered 3 more additional questions to be used in the event of a tie. If a tie still remains, Station will randomly select the one of the then remaining tied Qualifiers as the grand prize winner.
h. ALL DECISIONS BY THE STATION JUDGES ARE FINAL AND NOT APPEALABLE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHETHER OR NOT AN ANSWER MATCHES OR MATCHES CLOSELY ENOUGH.
12.Participants hereby agree to strictly follow all instructions and directions given by Station personnel at the Final Event and understands that any intentional failure to comply with these Contest rules or procedures or instructions given by Station staff will result in immediate disqualification of the associated Qualifier. In no event will any “deal-making” between participants be permitted. Station reserves the right to disqualify any person that it suspects has participated in or offered or accepted any type of “deal-making” with respect to this Contest.
13. One (1) grand prize will be awarded in this contest. Verified winner in this contest will be the winning Qualifier (and NOT his/her fiancé), who will receive (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules):
- $1000 Andrew’s Jewelers Gift Certificate for use at Andrew’s Jewelers located at 7088 Transit Rd Williamsville NY 14221, towards any women’s Andrews Jewelers Collection diamond wedding band. Expires 9/30/2012. Not redeemable for cash. Does not include sales tax of 8.75% on retail value of wedding band, which must be paid by the winner at the time of use of the certificate (failure to do so will result in the prize not being awarded). Can only be used for in-store merchandise and excludes Tacoria and Verragio brands. Other restrictions apply.
- $500 Andrew’s Jewelers Gift Certificate for use at Andrew’s Jewelers located at 7088 Transit Rd Williamsville NY 14221, towards any men’s Tungsten wedding band. Expires 9/30/2012. Not redeemable for cash. Does not include sales tax of 8.75% on retail value of wedding band, which must be paid by the winner at the time of use of the certificate (failure to do so will result in the prize not being awarded). Can be used for in-store merchandise, catalog orders or on-line. Other restrictions apply.
14. Up to 2 participation prizes will be awarded in this contest. Each verified non-winning Qualifier who participates in the Final Event will receive subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the contest rules):
- $500 Andrew’s Jewelers Gift Certificate for use at Andrew’s Jewelers located at 7088 Transit Rd Williamsville NY 14221, towards any wedding band. Expires 9/30/2012. Not redeemable for cash. Does not include sales tax of 8.75% on retail value of wedding band, , which must be paid by the winner at the time of use of the certificate (failure to do so will result in the prize not being awarded). Can only be used for in-store merchandise and excludes Tacoria and Verragio brands. Other restrictions apply.
15. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Buffalo, LLC, and Andrew’s Jewelers.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest
16. Entrants and their fiancés must all be 18 years of age or older as of February 23rd, 2012 in order for the Entrant to be eligible to be a Qualifier in this contest.
17. All Qualifiers and fiancés are required to (A) bring proof of age and photo identification to the Final Event and (B) sign a Station release form prior to competing in “The Newlyweds Challenge” Final Event. Failure to do so for any reason will result in the Qualifier being immediately disqualified.
18. Only the Qualifiers will be entitled to win any prize in this contest. Fiancés will not be entitled to any prize for their participation in this contest.
19. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received. Odds of a Qualifier who participates in the Final Event winning the Grand Prize shall in no event exceed 1:3.