Kiss 98.5’s Great Pumpkin Drop
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Buffalo, LLC d/b/a WKSE (collectively, the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 500 Corporate Parkway, Suite 200, Amherst, NY 14224, during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.kiss985.com. To the extent that the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST If YOU cannot be present at The great pumpkin farm located at 11199 Main street, clarence, ny 14031 on october 8, 2012 by 11:30am.
2. No purchase necessary.
3 .There are two (2) ways to enter:
a. Starting on September 7th, 2012 at12am through September 23, 2012 at 11:59pm, log on to www.kiss985.com, click on “Contests”, then the “Great Pumpkin Drop” Link and then complete and submit the online entry form including name, address, email address, age, and phone number; or
b. In the event less than 98 Qualifiers (as defined below) from the pool of entrants selected based on the entry method described above in 3a appear at the Grand Prize Event (described below), all complimentary guests of Qualifiers in attendance may be eligible to be selected to participate if they sign up to be on the waiting list at Kiss table with their name, phone and arrival time when their associated Qualifier checks your name, phone and arrival time.
4. On or about September 24, 2012 ninety-eight (98) entrants will be selected from all entries via entry method 3a in a random drawing to participate in the Grand Prize Event, subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules (each a “Qualifier” and collectively, the “Qualifiers”). The potential Qualifiers will be contacted by phone number or e-mail address submitted during registration by September 28, 2012. Station will only be required to leave one (1) message at the telephone number or e-mail address. If no answer or answering machine is reached, Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. It will then be the sole obligation of the potential Qualifier to make personal contact with the appropriate Station representative by 5pm on October 1, 2012. In the event that a Qualifier is not contacted live by the deadline required in this paragraph for any reason, Station reserves the right (but not the obligation) to deem such person's opportunity to participate as a Qualifier as forfeited (with or without notice to such person) and to select one or more additional entries, time permitting, and to attempt to contact those persons directly (but, in such event, Station will not be obligated to leave any messages and can elect instead to select entries until they reach someone live to confirm as a Qualifier and any person who has received a missed call from Station shall not have any rights as a Qualifier in this contest).
5. A person can only qualify one time in this contest. Once a person is qualified all subsequent entries by that individual are void.
6.Odds of becoming a qualifier depend on number of entries. Odds of winning a prize once becoming a qualifier is 1:1.
How to Win
7. All qualifiers hereby agree to strictly follow all instructions and directions given by the Station staff at the grand prize event and understand that any intentional failure to comply with the contest rules or procedures or instructions given by Station may result in immediate disqualification.
8. In no event will any “deal-making” between qualifiers be permitted. Station reserves the right to disqualify any person that it suspects has participated in or offered or accepted any type of “deal-making” with respect to this contest.
9. Station is not responsible in any way for the acts of the contestants. Contestants must comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. ANY CONTESTANT WHO STATION DETERMINES HAS OR MAY HAVE BROKEN ANY FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAW AS PART OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED. Contestants must not harm or endanger themselves or other persons or property. Any contestant that Station determines may have created a public hazard, caused interference with or destruction of property and/or utilized public safety resources will be disqualified.
10. On Monday, October 8, 2012 by11:30am all Qualifiers must be present at The great pumpkin farm located at 11199 Main street, clarence, ny or will be subject to disqualification from Grand Prize Event. Qualifiers must check-in with the Station located at either entrance to the Great Pumpkin Farm between 11am and 11:30am. Qualifiers must present a valid government-issued picture ID and will be required to sign a Release “as-is” at check-in to be a registered qualifier in this contest. If a Qualifier has not checked-in and produced and executed all required documentation to Station by 11:30am, such Qualifier will be disqualified and their opportunity to participate in any portion of the Grand Prize Event shall be forfeited. Qualifier spots are not transferable or assignable.
11. If applicable, around 11:30am, after Qualifier check-in has closed, Station will select and announce at the station table located in the Contest Area waiting list qualifiers (per Section 3b above) in the order of their arrival time, subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules (the “WL Qualifiers”). WL Qualifiers must present a valid government-issued picture ID and will be required to sign a Release “as-is” to be a registered qualifier in this contest. If a WL Qualifier cannot produced and executed all required documentation to Station upon request, such Qualifier will be disqualified and their opportunity to participate in any portion of the Grand Prize Event shall be forfeited. Station will select as many WL Qualifiers that are needed to bring the total number of Registered Qualifiers to 98 or until every person on waiting list becomes has been selected (whichever occurs first). Qualifiers and WL Qualifiers shall hereafter be referred to collectively as Qualifiers.
12. At approximately 11:50am, station will allow registered Qualifiers to enter the Contest Area. Any registered Qualifer who does not arrive at contest area, prior to Station instructing Qualifiers to retrieve a token will be subject to disqualification.
13. At approximately noon, a forklift will then raise one pumpkin (selected and provided by the Station Sponsor) filled with 98 tokens numbered from 1-98 in the Contest Area and drop it. After pumpkin drops and Station determines it is safe, registered qualifiers will be instructed to pick out one token from the pumpkin debris in a courteous and orderly fashion (see Section 15 below). Registered Qualifiers may only choose one token. If registered qualifier finds more than one token, Qualifier can choose one and either give the other to a registered Qualifier who hasn’t found one yet or set it back down on the ground. Registered Qualifiers will search for tokens until all registered qualifiers have one token. In the event, qualifiers have not located all tokens within fifteen minutes, Qualifiers without tokens will be randomly assigned by Station one of the token numbers that have not been found. In the event the total number of registered Qualifiers is less than 98, station will collect the extra tokens not chosen by registered Qualifiers. Station will then randomly select numbers out of a container for each token. The registered Qualifier holding the numbered token that matches the number the Station draws will receive an additional token. A registered Qualifier can only receive up to two total tokens in this contest.
14. After all tokens have been dispersed, Station will announce which token corresponds to which prize as predetermined by Station staff prior to the Grand Prize Event. Each token number will correspond to a predetermined prize listed on the Station’s official prize list.
15. During the Grand Prize Event, foul play will not be tolerated. Participants may not push, shove, hit, spit upon, or otherwise direct any physical violence towards other participants. Foul play is grounds for immediate disqualification. Station reserves the right to call an official "time out", temporarily suspending and then resuming any event at any time, for any reason, in Station’s sole discretion. Station reserves the right (but do have not the obligation) to disqualify any participant for any reason, including, without limitation, excessive harassment of other participants, use of profanity, unhygienic habits or activities, or inappropriate touching of other participants.
16. Up to 98 Qualifiers will receive admission for two for the Great Pumpkin Farm located at 11199 Main Street, Clarence, NY 14031 on October 8, 2012 in connection with the grand prize event.
17. Up to 98 prizes will be awarded in this contest as followed:
One (1) $750 Prepaid Visa Check Card.
One (1) Yuengling Bicycle valued at $250.
One (1) Oogie Games Game Room Party for up to 20 people including use of game systems in a private room for 2 hours with pizza and pop. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Party must be reserved by 12/30/12. Valued at $200.
Two (2) 4-pack of ticket to “Disney’s Phineas and Ferb – The Best Live Tour Ever” on November 10, 2012 at Shea’s Performing Arts Center tickets located at 646 Main Street Buffalo, NY 14202 valued at $100.
One (1) BAC Three Month Membership. Expires 12/31/12. Value $99.
Five (5) 10-game mini-golf passes for two to Adventure Landing located at 2400 Sheridan Drive, Tonawanda, NY 14150. Valued at $76.
Five (5) $50 Extreme Sun Capsule Tanning Certificates. Valid at any of their locations and expires 12/31/12.
Ten (10) Family Pass to the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester valued at $48. Good for 2 adults and resident children through May 1, 2013. Does not include admission to Dancing Wing’s Butterfly Garden.
Five (5) 4-pack of passes to the Buffalo Museum of Science – Science of Sports exhibit located at 1020 Humboldt Parkway, Buffalo, NY 14211. Valued at $32.
Five (5) $30 Anderson’s Gift Certificates. Good at any Buffalo area location. Expires 12/31/2012.
Ten (10) certificates to Bangs good for a shampoo, cut and blowdry at any of their 6 locations. Value $29.95.
Five (5) Great Pumpkin Farm t-shirts and $10 gift cards. Expires 10/28/12. Value $25.
Two (2) $25 Orvis Gift Cards valid at the Eastern Hills Mall location.
One (1) $25 Duff’s Famous Wings certificate valid at the Eastern Hills Mall location until October 2013.
Two (2) $25 Dave and Buster’s gift cards valid at the Eastern Hills Mall location until 12/31/12.
Five (5) $25 Buffalo Area Restaurant Certificates valid through 2012.
Five (5) Joe’s Crab Shack t-shirts. Valued at $20.
Twenty (20) certificates for a large pizza from Pesci’s Pizza located at 8065 Main Street, Clarence, NY 14221. Valued at $15.
Ten (10) $10 Oogie Games Video Game Store Certificates valid at any location.
Two (2) Lunch Buffet certificates good at Tandoori’s located at 7740 Transit Road, Williamsville, NY 14221. Not valid Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, or Holidays. For dine in only. Valued at $20
18. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Buffalo, LLC, The Great Pumpkin Farm, Yuengling, Extreme Sun Capsule, Strong Museum of Play, Adventure Landing, Anderson’s, Buffalo Museum of Science, Eastern Hills Mall, Joe’s Crab Shack, Tandoori’s, Pesci’s Pizza, Shea’s Performing Arts Center, BAC, and Oogie Games.
19. Must be 21 or older to enter this contest.